Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthday Party and Art Garage Sale


"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe". That quote from Carl Sagan is the organizing thought for my booth at the Artist's Market at The Ithaca Farmer's Market. I always have so many ideas for projects, that I need a theme to structure around, and to prioritize. I have really been having fun with it and have a hand painted vintage couch to show, and a mural, and some funky pillows and several small paintings. I was doing some framed quilts, but I've decided to save those until I can do more and have a whole show on the theme that I began with with those: song lyrics from the 40s. Anyway, many friends will also be there, among them: Alice Muhlback, Mary Reynolds and Werner Sun. It is Friday July 31 from 2-8 pm. Hope to see you!

The very next day, August 1 is the shop's first year anniversary, so I'm calling it a birthday party, serving cake and employing a caricaturist to entertain you, and throwing an art garage sale out in the parking lot. It's going to be fun, please come!

No comments: